Have you read the books on your bookshelf a hundred times? Us too! We’re craving some brand new stories, and we want your help! That’s why we’re launching the TELL US A STORY – Writing Competition for Kids! We want you to dream BIG to come up with the next great children’s story. Submit your story now, until April 24th!
We’ll select a winner (or two) from each age category (ages 4-7 and 8-10), and publish the stories through Monster House Publishing! That’s right – your story, turned into a real, live book for your bookshelf!
HOW TO SUBMIT:
- Send your ORIGINAL story to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the subject heading, include TELL US A STORY COMPETITION and your name.
- In the email, tell us your name (again), where you live (city/province), your age. Then, TELL US A STORY, of course! You can tell your story by attaching a word document, or writing it directly in the email body. Make sure to include a title!
- Submit your story anytime before April 24th at 6:00 pm AST.
- No word limits, but we prefer stories to be short & sweet!
- Illustrations are not required, but attach 1 picture if you’d like!
- Your parents/guardians are encouraged to help, but the story should come from YOUR IMAGINATION! Your helpers should follow YOUR lead on the story plot, characters & setting.
- Submit up to three stories, but please send individual emails for each submission.
- The competition is ONLY open to kids age 4-10.
- Winners announced on May 4th, 2020.